It can be challenging to tell your loved ones about your cancer diagnosis. But, it's important to keep family and friends up to date on the progress of your cancer treatment, especially since they might ask how they can support you along the way. The resources below can help you talk to your family and friends in a way that is easiest for you, and them.
Sharing Your Diagnosis
Telling Your Loved Ones
- Life-Threatening Illness: What to Tell Family, Friends
- Telling Others About Your Cancer
- Livestrong: Telling Others About Your Cancer
- Do I Tell Anyone I Have Cancer?
Telling Your Child or Teenager
- Talking With Your Teenager
- Talking With Your Children
- Talking to Kids and Teens About Cancer
- When a Parent has Cancer: Helping Tenns and Kids Cope
Telling Friends and Coworkers
- Cancer and Careers: How to Tell
- Cancer and Careers: Whom to Tell
- How to Tell Co-Workers You Have Cancer
Are you a caregiver who needs tips on how to show support for a loved one diagnosed with cancer? Visit our Tips for Caregivers page for more information.
Do you have a story you'd like to share about your experience talking to a loved one about a cancer diagnosis? You can send us your thoughts by contacting our Content Manager Victoria at tori@